Melbourne Visitor Shuttle
The Melbourne Visitor Shuttle lets you hop on and off at key city destinations, including Harbour Town Shopping Centre at Waterfront city. The shuttle runs daily between 9.30am to 4.30pm.
If you are looking for more to see and do across the city don’t miss the Chinese New Year Melbourne Festival, running from 6 – 21 February 2016. For more information visit www.cnymelbourne.com.au
Catch the free City Circle Tram or take one of the following:
- NewQuay and Waterfront City – tram 30 via La Trobe Street, tram 70 via Flinders Street or tram 86 via Bourke Street.
- Victoria Harbour – tram 48 or 11 via Collins Street.
- For timetables, visit Public Transport Victoria or call 1800 800 007.
Southern Cross Station (formerly Spencer Street Station) is Melbourne’s main rail interchange for suburban, regional and interstate trains, located right on Docklands’ doorstep.
Exit at the northern end of the station and walk across the Bourke Street Pedestrian Bridge (via the Etihad Stadium concourse), to Docklands’ Harbour Esplanade. You can also exit the station on the corner of Spencer and Collins streets, and walk across the Collins Street Bridge to Docklands Park.
For timetables, visit Public Transport Victoria or call 1800 800 007.
Getting there by car
Free, two-hour and street metered parking is located on Bourke Street, North Wharf Road and other locations throughout Docklands. There are also pay car parks located at:
- Etihad Stadium – Gates 5 and 6 via La Trobe Street, or Gates 1, 2 and 3 via Bourke Street
- Waterfront City – Docklands Drive
- NewQuay – Docklands Drive
- Watergate – corner Batman’s Hill Drive and Bourke Street
- 700 Collins Street
- 800 Bourke Street
- Digital Harbour – near Docklands Drive
- Melbourne Convention Centre – corner of Flinders and Sidderley streets
Getting there by water
Victoria Harbour, the Yarra River and Moonee Ponds Creek all meet at Docklands, creating 40 hectares of deep sheltered waters. Boat owners from around Victoria, Australia and the world cruise into Melbourne via the fabulous marina facilities at Docklands.
Marina access is easy from Port Phillip Bay. There are four Docklands marinas offering public berthings for day trippers, overnighters or for extended stays. Docklands also offers a dedicated superyacht marina.
The Boating Guide to Docklands includes all the information you need on marina facilities and prices. For a copy of the guide, email email@example.com or call the Melbourne Docklands Marine Office on (03) 9658 8738.